We are so proud of how much effort our students put into their studies, alongside the many incredible experiences they have at UTC Swindon, and we’re just as proud seeing the great results they achieve and the exciting destinations they go on to!
Among the notable accomplishments, a significant number of students have secured coveted apprenticeships with renowned industry giants such as Siemens, Airbus, The Royal Air Force, BAE Systems, and Agrekko, as well university places.
This year, a year where grade boundaries were lowered to pre-pandemic levels (around 5 percentage points), our students have performed admirably, securing them places on their next destination. Some of this year’s highlights include.
- 100% of our level 3 technical students successfully achieved a pass
- 80% of ICT students have earned the prestigious Distinction
- 92% of Engineering students have attained at least a Merit grade.
- All of our Maths and English A Level students have achieved a minimum of a C grade, emphasising the well-rounded education UTC Swindon offers
- 100% of our business and E Sports students passed with 62% of our level 2 Engineers getting a strong pass or better.
“We are immensely proud of the hard work and dedication that our students have exhibited during their time at UTC Swindon,” said Neil Pouney, Head of School at UTC Swindon.
“Their engagement with employers and involvement in industry-led projects have been instrumental in shaping their preparedness for the next phase of their journey.”
You can view the UTC Swindon’s performance data by clicking here.
Please note – As a specialist University Technical College which accepts students from the age of 14, the DfE does not use progress 8 in its judgement of the UTC.
This year’s results have secured UTC Swindon students places on prestigious apprenticeships and degree apprenticeships, as well as university.
Here’s where a few of this year’s graduates are off to:
- Kai has secured a level 6 apprenticeship with Airbus Manufacturing. Kai said: “After achieving the grades I needed for my apprenticeship, I’m looking forward to starting the next stage of my progress which UTC Swindon has helped me with. If I had stayed at my previous school, I don’t think I would have had the same quality of education in Engineering and be where I am today.”
- Nikita is going to start a Service Marine operative apprenticeship with Cotswold Boat Hire.
- Rylan achieved Merit in his Engineering Diploma and a Distinction in ICT and is starting his apprenticeship with Siemens in rail design.
- Sean smashed his Diploma in Engineering and Business with E Sports and has been accepted for a place at University of Wolverhampton to study Civil Engineering and Transportation.