UTC Swindon is part of the UTC Cyber group, a collective of 20 cyber UTCs across England, supported and guided by leading organisations in this sector.
Schools within the UTC Cyber group deliver specialist cyber education, either within the curriculum, or as an enrichment activity, and build the capability to deliver a steady pipeline of young students with accelerated technical skills into apprenticeships, degree apprenticeships, and specialist degrees.
About cyber security
The cyber security industry is one of the most exciting, fast-paced, and progressive technological environments in the current economy. It is of critical importance to the safety of our country.
Government and industry are seeking highly-motivated young people to focus on cyber security skills.
What a Cyber UTC does for students
A Cyber UTC offers students the opportunity to develop these skills in a safe environment, whilst connecting with industry professionals and gaining an insight into the industry.
- can start on a cyber career from the age of 14
- gain access to leading-edge training labs and build a tech-centric CV at a Cyber UTC
- learn from industry professionals so they can also build their professional network, taking part in five technical workshops every year
- understand the many specialisms available within the cyber industry
- develop cyber skills in a safe environment
- have full access to Immersive Labs Digital Cyber Academy, as well as professional vendor qualifications where offered by the cyber UTC