UTC Swindon is a University Technical College that delivers an innovative, employer-focussed, high-tech College for 14-19 year olds.
Our aim is for our students to become the next generation of outstanding engineers, technicians and industrial innovators. They will be inspired by the relevance and challenge of solving real-world industrial and community problems while working in an environment that will prepare them for life after education.
The ethos of the UTC is inclusive, enabling and non-hierarchical. Every student and member of staff is encouraged and expected to continuously strive for improvement, setting themselves goals that are both personally challenging and constructive for the community as a whole. In a climate of mutual support and respect, individuals gain the motivation to work with initiative and independence and also the self-confidence to ask questions and to seek the help of others.
We will achieve this by:
- Having an ethos and working day that matches closely with business practice
- Drawing on the expertise and resources of our industry and academic partners; building and continuously refreshing the curriculum with their guidance and input
- Delivering learning through practical work-related projects that foster both collaboration skills and independence
- Incorporating rich opportunities for informal learning, through project work and enrichment activities
- Providing state of the art buildings and facilities and recruiting able, motivated and expert staff that match the ambition of the project
UTC Swindon offers a unique learning experience created through partnerships between industry and education. Our new approach to the curriculum, grounded in traditional values, will provide a great foundation for your future.
Not only will you have the opportunity to follow your area of interest in engineering while studying for your traditional qualifications, you will also learn invaluable practical skills from the best in the industry. We already work with a range of fantastic employer partners and are continuing to build more exciting partnerships as we move forward.
We are confident that students who attend UTC Swindon will be given the best start with a variety of progression routes into employment and further or higher education.
Should you wish to contact the Executive Principal, please email Jessica Bryant, PA to Joanne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone the UTC via reception 01793 207 920.