KS4 Geography GCSE AQA
GCSE Geography is an exciting and relevant course studies geography in a balanced framework of physical and human themes and investigates the link between them.
Students will travel the world from the classroom, exploring case studies in the United Kingdom (UK), newly emerging economies (NEEs) and lower income countries (LICs).
Topics of study include climate change, poverty, deprivation, global shifts in economic power and the challenge of sustainable resource use. Students are also encouraged to understand their role in society, by considering different viewpoints, values and attitudes.
Living with the physical environment
- Section A: The challenge of natural hazards
- Section B: Physical landscapes in the UK
- Section C: The living world
Challenges in the human environment
- Section A: Urban issues and challenges
- Section B: The changing economic world
- Section C: The challenge of resource management
- Section A: Issue evaluation
- Section B: Fieldwork
In addition, students will be expected to demonstrate a wide range of Geographical skills that they have developed within the externally assessed exams.